A.G & S.G Siddhartha Degree College of Arts and Science
Vuyyuru is situated 30 Km away from Vijayawada on N.H 9 that ends 45 Km after at Machilipatnam, once a famous port town, now the administrative Head Quarters of Krishna District. As history recorded, in 1000 A.D. the Cholas spread their power to Kolleru area and during that period some of them settled at this place and named it as Vuyyuru after “Urayur” one of the Capitals of Chola Dynasty. It had also another name “Urvari”. By the 14th Century the village grew in size and population, came under the rule of the Zamindaars of Nuzivid. A famous temple fair “Veeramma Thirunaalla” was started in the 16th Century during the Vijayanagara Dynasty. It has been continued and the “fair” has become a famous event for hundreds of villages and an agent of social and cultural cohesion.
The K.C.P. Sugar and Industrial
was established in June 1941 at the initiative of Late Sri Adusumilli Gopalakrishnaiah, a visionary entrepreneur. The
K.C.P, over a period brought a miraculous economic transformation of Vuyyuru
and the surrounding villages.
Lacking in easily accessible educational institutions nearby and deprived of opportunities for their children for higher education, the farmers of Vuyyuru area approached the K.C.P Management requesting for the establishment of a college. Already there was the “Adusumilli Gopalakrishnaiah Technological Institution” managing an Industrial training centre and a polytechnic college from 1947 to 1958. The society was revived by the K.C.P Ltd., with the help of local philanthropists and sugarcane growers and a college was born with the name of Adusumilli Gopalakrishnaiah and Sugarcane Growers College on 12th August 1975 and was inaugurated by the Hon’ble Chief Minister Sri. J. Vengala Rao.
- Latest Activities
- Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Vidya Puraskar 2019 - (12-11-2019)
- Faculty developement programme on ICT - (01-11-2019)
- National Workshop for Faculty - (24-10-2019)
- P.G. Computer Science Extension Activity on 16-10-2019 - (22-10-2019)
- Training Program on Teaching and Learning Skills 18 - 10 2019. - (21-10-2019)
- LATEST RESULTS
- March-2019 Exams, 2018 batch BZC-EM SEM-II Regular Result - (10-05-2019)
- March-2019 Exams, 2018 batch BZC-TM SEM-II Regular Result - (10-05-2019)
- March-2019 Exams, 2018 batch MPCs SEM-II Regular Result - (10-05-2019)
- March-2019 Exams, 2018 batch MPC-EM SEM-II Regular Result - (10-05-2019)
- March-2019 Exams, 2018 batch MPC-TM SEM-II Regular Result - (10-05-2019)