The Siddhartha Academy
On the banks of the holy river Krishna, at the foot of Indrakiladri, the abode of Goddess Kanaka Durga, lies the city with a glorious heritage and culture - Vijayawada. It was once an important Buddhist and Jain centre as well. Over the years it flourished as a bustling trade centre developing good business culture but was devoid of a single post-graduate or professional institution. The establishment of Siddhartha Academy of General & Technical Education in 1975 was the beginning for a miraculous transformation of this region, which was hitherto educational Sahara into an educational Avalanche. This is due to a large measure of the fact that the Management Body is highly motivated team ‘Professionals’ with a shared vision who have understood the dynamics of change in the field of education and have respond proactively.
In the process of its mission, the Academy established 17 educational institutions and took over the management of two more institutions at Vuyyuru in May 2001 – the task entrusted by the K.C.P S & I.C Ltd., Vuyyuru.
The Siddhartha Academy of General & Technical Education today is managing the following institutions keeping in view the dynamics of change in the field of education and meeting the challenges thrown up by complex paradigmatic shifts in society.
- Parvathaneni Brahmayya Siddhartha Junior College of Arts and Science, Vijayawada (1975)
- Parvathaneni Brahmayya Siddhartha Degree College of Arts and Science, Vijayawada (1975)
- Veeramachaneni Paddayya Siddhartha Public School, Vijayawada (1977)
- V.R. Siddhartha Engineering College, Vijaywada (1977)
- Siddhartha Medical College, Vijayawada (1981) (handed over to the Government of A.P. on its request)
- Sri Durga Malleswara Siddhartha Mahila Junior Kalasala, Vijayawada (1982)
- Sri Durga Malleswara Siddhartha Mahila Degree Kalasala, Vijayawada (1983)
- Y.V. Rao Siddhartha College of Education, Vijayawada (1984)
- S.V.D Siddhartha Law College, Vijayawada (1987)
- K.C.P Siddhartha Adarsh Residential Public School, Vijayawada (1991)
- K.V.S.R. Siddhartha College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Vijayawada (1994)
- P.V.P. Nagarjuna Institute of Technology, Vijayawada (1998)
- A.G & S.G Siddhartha Junior College, Vuyyuru (1975) (Taken over by Siddhartha Academy in 2001)
- A.G & S.G Siddhartha Degree College, Vuyyuru (1975) (Taken over by Siddhartha Academy in 2001)
- Dr. Pinnamaneni Siddhartha Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Foundation, Chinaoutapalli (2002).
- Siddhartha Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology, Vijayawada (2002)
- Dr. PSIMS & Research Foundation School of Nursing, Vijayawada.
- Dr. Sudha and Dr. Nageswara Rao College of Dental Sciences, Chinaoutapalli (2003)
- Siddhartha School of Nursing, Vijayawada (2003)
Besides the above-mentioned educational institutions, the Academy established ‘Siddhartha Kala Peetham’ in 1989 for the promotion of Indian arts and culture. Further ‘Siddhartha Foundation’, a Charitable Society, was also sponsored by the Academy to grant scholarships to the poor students irrespective of caste, creed, colour, race or religion.