AIMS AND OBJECTIVES:
1. To orient the students in understanding the past in the light of the present to build bright future.
2. To prepare the students to write various competitive examinations.
3. T cultivate a sense of pride in the culture and heritage of our nation.
1. Guest lectures are frequently arranged to enrich students knowledge.
2. Student seminars.
3. Student study projects.
4. Field visits.
6. Slip tests
1. 1. Guest Lecture on Importance of Social Sciences in the Contemporary Indian Society ” – By Dr. Saraswati Raju Iyer, Department of Sociology& Social Work, Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur, on 3-3-2018.
1. 2. Guest Lecture on Impact of Socio- Religious Movements on India” – By Ch. Chenchi Reddy, HOD of History ,Satavahana College , Vijayawada, on 28-2-2017.3. Guest lecture on “Recent trends in the study of History” by prof.Challapalli Swarupa Rani,Department of Mahayana Buddhist studies,Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur On 30-09-2015.
NATIONAL SEMINAR ORGANISED BY DEPARTMENT OF ARTS
U.G.C. Sponsered National Seminar On "IndiasDemonitization Policy Prospectues and Challenges " On 23rd and 24th January 2017.
• III rd B.A student I.D.L. Bhavani receiving best out-going student award in 2014-2015 Academic year.
• B.A students participated mobile banking awareness programme in Krishnapuram village, Pamidimukkala ( mandal ).
• Dr. D. Rajya Lakshmi, B.A girl students participated in National women’s parliament on 10-12th February 2017. Organized by A.P state Government.
• Dr. D. Rajya Lakshmi, B.A girl students participated in National women’s parliament on 27-November-2017. Organized by A.P state Government at P.B.Siddhartha college Vijayawada.
• Dr. D. Rajya Lakshmi Participated and presented paper National and International seminars and workshops.
4.” History and Facts of Disaster Management in India,” Published by ANU Journal of Social Sciences, Vol. V, No. 02,December-2013, Pp.73-78, Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur ,A.P.,(ISSN no 0976-2744).
Guest Lecture on the colonial Rule in india by Prof.K.Gangaiah Department of History,Yogi Vemana University,Kadapa on 24-09-2018.