The Department of Politics was established along with the college in 1975 with Sri. R.S.D. Winston as the first member. The second member of the department Sri. K.Raghunath joined as lecturer on 22.9.1981. Mr.P.Narayana Murthy joined his service as Lecturer to the Degree College on 16.6.2003.
Guest Lectures :
- The guest lecture has been organised on “sub-regionalism in A.P:Issues and challenges” on 222012 by Sri K.V.Vijaya Babu,HOD,Political science,Andhra Loyola college,Vijayawada,as a resource person and deliver a guest lecture.
- A Guest lecture has been arranged for all the degree students of B.A. classes on 622013 by Sri.V.Malleswara Rao on ” Right to Information Act 2005”.
- Guest lecture has been organised for all B.A. students on 2382014 by the department of political science on “YOUTH AND LEADERSHIP DYNAMICS” by Dr.M.J.Padmakar Babu,head department of political science,Andhra Jatiya Kalasala,Machilipatnam.
- A Guest lecture has been organised for
all B.A. and B.Com 3rd year and B.Sc 3rd year students on 2182015 by
Ch.Diwakar Babu garu ,principal SVDS law college,Vijayawada on “THE ROLE
OF RIGHT TO INFORMATION ACT IN PROMOTING GOOD GOVERNANCE”.
- Department of Political Science Organised two-days national seminar on India’s Demonetisation policy- Prospects and Challenges during 23rd and 24th January 2017.
- Dr. G. Veerraju, Head, Department of Political Science participated and presented a paper titled ‘Dalith Entrepreneurship and Inclusive Growth- Issues and challenges ’’ in a national seminar at Andhra University Visakhapatnam on9thOctober 2016.
- Dr. G. Veerraju, Head, Department of Political Science participated and presented a paper titled Fundamentals of constitution: Ambedkar perspective and Inclusive Growth in a national seminar on Challenges to Indian Constitutional Fundamentals And Ambedkarism at Andhra University Visakhapatnam during 19th and 20th march 2016.
- Dr. G. Veerraju, Head, Department of Political Science participated and presented a paper titled “Relevance in Higher education” in a seminar on “Higher education at cross roads” organized by “Indian Institute of Public Administration” at Andhra University, Visakhapatnam on 8th October, 2015.
M.A, M.A, Ph.D.