About the Department
To empower the students with holistic knowledge and improve communication skills
- To guide the learners to march towards their goals by upholding the values of social progress and commitment.
- To cater to the need of the students hailing from the rural, marginalized and weaker section.
To enable our students to expertise all the language skills (LSRW). To provide them with appropriate knowledge in the discipline if English language and literature.
Goals and Objectives:
- To provide a platform to the students to exhibit their talents and creativity.
- To raise the standards of our students to global levels and make them employable.
- To encourage the students to commit themselves to moral and ethical language.
- To make the students competent and develop positive attitude.
- To inculcate social awareness, leadership qualities and patriotism among students.
- To impart functional and employability skills.
- To modify and enrich curriculum to cater to the needs of dynamic employment market.
- To enhance Community relationship
The department of English
- Uses Bilingual method to break the barriers between regional medium and English medium students. This method is used to instill confidence among the students of rural area to overcome inhibitions and try to converse in English.
- Distributes reading material in printed form
- Uses LCD projector to screen video clippings to teach communication skills and soft skills.
- Conducts frequent writing assignments, opportunity to present orally and lively discussions of literary texts, contemporary issues in the course material
- Organizes group discussions and student seminars
- Encourages students to participate in public readings and performances
- Organizes guest lectures
- Well-equipped library to cater the students needs.
- Rare collection of books on English Language, Literature, Communication Skills and Soft Skills
- Provides extra reading material to students to make them experience the pleasure of reading the works of great authors.
- Well-equipped English Language Laboratory
V.Venkata Aparna Reddy