The aim of the Library is provide quality and information resources and services to students, faculty and administrative staff in support of the educational aim of the college.
The Library gets going along with the inspection of the college in 1975 with a moderate collection of 681 books and 15 periodicals.
A modern Library building with an aesthetic outlook was constructed of cost of Rs.13, 00,000/- in the year 2003. Library functions under the supervision of Lecturer in Library Science from 8.30 A.M. to 5.30 P.M. on all working days and 9.00 A.M to 1.00 P.M. on holidays. Books are purchased keeping the requirements of various departments in view as per the guidelines of the advisory committee, headed by the Principal. There is a book bank facility in the library exclusively for SC/ST students under the supervision of teaching faculty. They are 24177 Books available in the library. The student’s are permitted to utilize open access system to borrow three books at a time, besides using the reference facility available in the library. A reading was maintained for the greater benefit of staff & students. It is provided with 6 News Papers, 5 Weeklies, 2 Fortnightlies, 16 Monthlies, 1 Bio-Monthly, 7 Quarterlies, Halfyearlies 3 and Journals of repute covering national and international events of all aspects of the society.
The library is equipped with 4 Computers along with 3 Printers, 1Scanner. The library is partially computerized. Library has one hp – Xerox machine, Students and staff can get copies of articles from Journals and Books against payment.
LIBRARY RULES AND REGULATIONS:
- The library is primarily for the use of faculty, teaching staff, students and non-teaching staff of the college.
- Membership is mandatory to access the library. The privilege of borrowing books from the library is restricted to the members only.
- Alumni and outsiders who want to make use of library should obtain the permission of the principal.
- All the members should return books borrowed from the library before they leave the college on retirement or on resignation from service and before appearing for the final examinations and obtain a No dues certificate from the library
- The lecture in library science reserves the right to allow more books on special request if any
- A reference book includes conference proceedings, manuals, reference CDs and other books categorized as reference books by the lecturer in library science.
- A book will be issued to the borrower against production of ID Card
- The lecture in library science reserves the right to recall any book from any member at any time.
- The lecture in library science may shorten the loan period if the books are specifically required
- Books on loan may be renewed for a further period subject to demand.
- The books must be returned on or on the next working day of the due date. Otherwise, overdue charges at paisa 50 per day per book will be collected.
- In case of loss of a book a borrower has to replace the book or pay its cost. The defaulter will be charged four times the cost of the book if it is out of print.
- If a volume of a multiple volume set is damaged or lost the member has to replace the whole set or pay the cost of the same on the above lines.
- Library borrower card is not transferable
- Members shall observe silence in the reading hall
- Members shall not engage in conversation in any part of the library
- Members shall not bring personal belongings
- Infringement of the library rules will lead to forfeiture of the privileges of admission and membership of the library. The principal will initiate further disciplinary action.
- The members caught tearing pages/stealing of books will be suspended forthwith from using the library facilities and further disciplinary action will be initiated by reporting the matter to the principal.
READING ROOM RULES :
- Strict silence and discipline must be maintained in the Reading Room.
- The students should keep their personal books in the shelf provided for the purpose at the entrance of the Reading Room.
- Any student found in tearing of pages, markings in Newspapers and Magazines will be punished.
- The daily Newspapers and latest issues of Magazines/Journals are displayed in the Reading Room.
- The Newspapers and Magazines have to be replaced in the respective places in the display rack and table after study /consultation.
- The Examination Question papers of previous years can be obtained from the Librarian for copying/Xerox and return.
To incorporate the latest technology and adopt user friendly approach towards students and faculty
To serve the changing needs and requirements of staff and students towards reading, study and research.
- To acquire, organize and update the library collection to support teaching-learning process.
- To encourage students to read beyond the requirements of the curriculum.
- To provide instruction and assistance in the effective use of learning resources and services
- To provide an appropriate and comfortable environment and facilities for the use of library
M.A, M.L.I.Sc ,B.Ed
B.Sc, BLISc,M.A Sociology
Smt G.Uma Devi
B.A., & Office Management